It is Storm week & this week you will need to have made a storm jar for the session.
You can follow our 'How To Make a Storm Jar' video on the Tangled Feet YouTube Channel or follow the quick and easy steps below.
Like previous weeks it would be good to also bring along a blanket, a cushion or pillow and maybe even your favourite cuddly toy!
HOW TO MAKE A STORM JAR:
All you need is 1 small pot with a tightly sealed lid, water and some glitter, preferably eco-friendly biodegradable glitter ♻️
STEP BY STEP:
1. Undo the lid of your pot
2. Fill the pot to two thirds full with water
3. Carefully sprinkle glitter into the pot
4. Fill with glitter until it covers the surface of the water
5. Reattach the lid of your pot
6. Make sure a grown up has sealed the pot shut for you so it cannot be reopened
7. Now shake your storm jar and watch the glitter move
8. Give the jar a big shake and keep watching until the last bit of glitter has stopped moving
9. Try taking some deep belly breaths as you watch the glitter settle, how does it make you feel?
10. Put your storm jar somewhere special to you, where you can play with it. It will help to settle your mind when it feels stormy.
If you aren't able to make one you could use a snow globe instead. Or you can still take part in the breathing exercises without one too, we wouldn't want you to miss out on this week.
Do tag us in your pics & vids of you doing the sessions - you can share these on our social media platforms @tangledfeet & #mindfulnessprojectathome or comment below too!
Have a great week everyone.